Life, as it is, is full of accidents and surprises. No matter how careful you are, things will go wrong & as they say… Luck favors the prepared minds. so here is a list of 5 things you should do before and after you lose your wallet. Yes it is a big deal so read it, save it , print it but don’t keep it in your wallet
1. Make copies of everything in your wallet, front and back. This is actually a proactive step that you should do right now, before you run into trouble. That way you’ll have a record of what was lost and how to contact the issuers. Just be sure to keep these copies in a safe place.
2. Call your card issuers and report the loss. In order to minimize your liability, you should make these calls as soon as you realize that there’s a problem. Can’t remember what was in your wallet? No problem. Just look at your photocopies (Step 1). You might also consider following up with a written account of what’s happened, when you reported it, etc. They should be able to shut down your old accounts, and also issue new cards.
3. Place a fraud alert on all three of your credit reports. I’ve posted detailed instructions for placing a fraud alert on your credit record in the past. The good news is that the three agencies should share this information, so you really only have to contact one of them. If you detect fraudulent activity, you might want to extend this to a seven-year victim statement.
4. If your Social Security card is missing, report it. Call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-269-0271. Better yet, remove your Social Security card from your wallet right now. No sense in carrying it around with you. Same goes for your driver’s license — if you lose it, call your local DMV. Pronto.
5. File a police report. Last but not least, report the loss/theft to your local law enforcement agency (or the police in the area where it occurred).
That’s it. Hopefully you won’t run into any problems, but if you do, this list of tips should help you steer clear of any major problems.
You might also like
|Top 10 Signs Boards Gone Wrong Sign boards have been in use since almost 3 centuries now. They were first in the shape of banners. That...||Top ten things you are not suppose to know. There are some information in the world which a person’s have no idea about it and many things are...||Aviation Accident Legal Representative Mostly, the aviation accident attorney is consulted after the commercial or private plane's crash that...||Do You Feel Useless and Worthless? Well, you are. No, seriously, this is a typical problem in most cultures around the world. People tell...|