Airports have become the busiest centers of traffic. People, everyday, come, depart or transfer through these places. The activity of these passengers and their number determines which airport stands as the busiest. Given today’s world, the number of these airports is countless. The data provided by the Airports Council International and the BAA give the following ten airports as the most hectic airports around the globe.
1. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
With the total passenger count being 20,181,931 and the largest number of take-offs and landings, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is known to be the world’s busiest airport. Located in Georgia, United States and locally called as Atlanta Airport, it serves more than 88 million passengers per annum.
2. London Heathrow Airport
As of 2011, London Heathrow Airport is rated to be the fourth busiest airport in the world and the fourth in United Kingdom. Situated in London Borough of Hillingdon, it flies the most number of international passengers.
3. Chicago O’Hare International Airport
This primary and biggest hub of United Airlines airplanes is situated in Chicago, Illinois, United States. It is also simply called O’Hare and has a total passenger count of 15,346,475.
4. Beijing Capital International Airport
With total 15,153,600 passengers, Beijing Capital International Airport is the main hub for airplanes of Air China. In the past decade, it has risen remarkably and stands nearly behind Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport.
5. Tokyo International Airport
South of Tokyo Station in Ota, Tokyo is Tokyo International Airport, also known as Haneda Airport.
Read the full story
Hawaiian Airlines are established on 11th November, 1929. Their name at the time of their creation was Inter-Island airways and they got their current and famous name on 1941. Hawaiian Airlines is contracted successfully with New Zealand and United States.
Hawaiian Airlines History:
Hawaiian Airlines comes at 11th place in the list of American biggest commercial airlines. It belongs to the Hawaiian Islands. Honolulu International Airport in Honolulu is the central hub of these airlines. These are established in November 11th, 1929. It started its services from Honolulu and Hilo in the year 1941. It started the services with Douglas DC-9 and Lockheed L-1011 in 1966 and 1984 respectively. These airlines have a record of not having any accident till now. They have extended their services between US and Hawaiian in 2006. Hawaiian airlines and Air New Zealand got an agreement of $45 million for 767 aircrafts. From 2008, they also have started their services to Philippines.
These airlines are now found everywhere in United States. All of the Airport destinations are listed below:
1. Hawaiian Airlines Destinations in Hawaii
- Hilo (Hilo International Airport)
- Honolulu (Honolulu International Airport) Hub
- Kahului (Kahului Airport) Focus city
- Kailua-Kona (Kona International Airport)
- Lihue (Lihue Airport)
2. Hawaiian Airlines Destinations in Nevada
- Las Vegas (McCarran International Airport)
3. Hawaiian Airlines Destinations in Australia
4. Hawaiian Airlines Destinations in California
- Los Angeles (Los Angeles International Airport)
- Oakland (Oakland International Airport)
- Sacramento (Sacramento International Airport)
- San Diego (San Diego International Airport)
- San Francisco (San Francisco International Airport)
- San Jose (San Jose International Airport)
5. Hawaiian Airlines Destinations in Philippines
- Manila (Ninoy Aquino International Airport
6. Hawaiian Airlines Destinations in Oregon
- Portland (Portland International Airport)
7. Hawaiian Airlines Destinations in Tahiti
- Papeete (Faa’a International Airport)
8. Hawaiian Airlines Destinations in Washington
- Seattle/Tacoma (Seattle-Tacoma International Airport)
9. Hawaiian Airlines Destinations in American Samoa
- Pago Pago (Pago Pago International Airport)
10. Hawaiian Airlines Destinations in Arizona
- Hawaiian Airlines Destinations Phoenix (Sky Harbor International Airport)
Hawaiian Airlines Baggage:
These airlines have allowed the people awesome rates of the baggage’s they carried with them. For one piece, you have to pay $15 and $25, $100, and $200 for two, three-six and seven and more pieces respectively. Other details are listed below:
1. Free Baggage Allowance:
The free baggage allowance is provided to all those passengers who travel from Hawaiian to US. Some other specifications of ticketing criteria of this offer are given below:
- There will be no baggage allowance if you buy the ticket after 1st of August, 2008 for travel.
- The maximum Dimensions for each bag should be 157cm.
- The maximum Weight for each bag should be 23kg.
- You will get the allowance of one piece of baggage if you buy the ticket on or after May 10, 2008.
- You will get the allowance of one piece of baggage if you buy the ticket before May 10, 2008.
2. Carry-On Allowance:
Shipping corporations travel almost virtually everywhere. A question always mingles in my mind whether it is possible to travel by cargo ship or not. Following is what I found out when I tried to find the answer to my question.
It is quite eco-friendly to travel by slow boat then flying. But sometimes ocean voyage pollutes environment. Many people now days are choosing ocean voyage one way and they like to fly on return leg. Some cargo ships provide some sort of entertainment like bar, DVD library, small exercise room but passengers have to be on their own for their entertainment as for shipping corps, cargo is first priority then comes passenger.
In early 1900, travelers spend days on the ocean and arriving on their destinations was just like a trip.
CMA-CGM, Canada Maritime, and Bank Line are chief global shipping lines. These lines usually charge passengers and offer them guest cabins. Passengers have access to large of the part of the ship. Captains and his crew are more than happy to see passengers as they spend most of their time on water. Officer’s happy hour can also be offered to you as passenger.
Read the full story