Nations gain independence to safeguard the rights of their people. But sometimes the causes can be different when micro nations come in to existence. The existence of a micro nation is not just a sudden outburst of the expression for the freedom of rights and lives, but a hardwork done from generations to generations.
In 1980 Swedish artist Lars Vilks was asked to remove the wood and stone sculptures from the Kullaberg beach. The artist threatened by the destruction of his artwork declared sovereignty for that particular part of the beach.
Soon enough this part of land was called Kingdom of Ladonia. Vilks ensured his new state has a manifesto, flag, currency and a language. Population is estimated to be around 14000. Most of this includes the nonresident supporters and artist for the cause.
9. The Kingdom of Redonda
Island of Redonda was discovered and claimed by Matthew D. Sheill. He never lived there but served as the King of the island. He passed the legacy to his son M.P. Sheill: a famous writer. He decides the flag and monarchy style of government. The crown now passed through a number of hands.
8. The Republic Of Minerva
Founded by Micheal Oliver in 1972, this state was envisioned a tax free society. This small country didn’t go unnoticed in the world. Some nearby countries including Australia, New Zealand and Tonga met to discuss the status of Minerva. Tonga soon declared Minerva as part of their country.
7. The Dominion Of Melchizedek
Founded in 1986, this state serves to shelter all possible forms of fraud and theft. Media and activist often raised voices against this state but to no use. Dominion constantly denies the charges and allegations. Citizenship applications are still available on its website.
6. The Principality Of Outer Baldonia
Bought by Russell Arundel in 1948, a small fishing lodge was build here. This was the place where on weekend after drink, Russell and some of his friends coined the name and constitution.
Late 70’s witnessed the birth of Frestonia in the Notting region of London UK. Some unlawful residents and other threatened people all joined hands to guard their lifestyle declared themselves a sovereign nation. Public agreed its approval. With the media hype it seemed difficult for city authorities to abolish Frestonia.
Read the full story
It was of 20 February 1943 when a Mexican farmer in the Mexican state of Michoacan was readying his fields for springs sowing when ground nearby opened a crack about 150 feet long. He described that then he felt thunder and the trees were trembling then he seen in the hole the ground swelled and raised itself 21/2 meters high, then a kind of smoke or fine dust-gray like ashes began to rise with a loud whistling sound continuously and there was smell of sulphur in the air. He got so much frightened and tried to help unyoke one of the ox teams.
Eventually that was the volcano which born under the feet of the farmer. Pulido and the other people escaped from that place. The next morning when they came back they saw that the cone was grown to the height of 30 feet and was uttering with great force. During the daytime it grew 120 feet more and in that night incandescent bombs blew more than 1,000 feet up into the darkness and then a slaglike mass of lava rolled over Pulido’s cornfields.
This sudden volcano’s appearance stunned the whole scientific world as well as to that unlucky farmer also. Volcanic eruptions around the world are common but the birth of an entirely new volcano from the surface of the earth is purely rare.
Read the full story
1. Police in Wichita, Kansas, arrested a 22-year-old man at an airport hotel after he tried to pass two (counterfeit) $16 bills.
2. A man in Johannesburg, South Africa, shot his 49-year-old friend in the face, seriously wounding him, while the two practiced shooting beer cans off each other’s head.
3. A company trying to continue its five-year perfect safety record showed its workers a film aimed at encouraging the use of safety goggles on the job. According to Industrial Machinery News, the film’s depiction of gory industrial accidents was so graphic that twenty-five workers suffered minor injuries in their rush to leave the screening room. Thirteen others fainted, and one man required seven stitches after he cut his head falling off a chair while watching the film.
4. The Chico, California, City Council enacted a ban on nuclear weapons, setting a $500 fine for anyone detonating one within city limits.
5. A bus carrying five passengers was hit by a car in St. Louis, but by the time police arrived on the scene, fourteen pedestrians had boarded the bus and had begun to complain of whiplash injuries and back pain.
6. Swedish business consultant Ulf af Trolle laboured 13 years on a book about Swedish economic solutions. He took the 250-page manuscript to be copied, only to have it reduced to 50,000 strips of paper in seconds when a worker confused the copier with the shredder.
7. A convict broke out of jail in Washington D.C., then a few days later accompanied his girlfriend to her trial for robbery. At lunch, he went out for a sandwich. She needed to see him, and thus had him paged. Police officers recognized his name and arrested him as he returned to the courthouse in a car he had stolen over the lunch hour.
8. Police in Radnor, Pennsylvania, interrogated a suspect by placing a metal colander on his head and connecting it with wires to a photocopy machine. The message “He’s lying” was placed in the copier, and police pressed the copy button each time they thought the suspect wasn’t telling the truth. Believing the “lie detector” was working, the suspect confessed
Welcome as we are back with another episode of top 10 jokes. we try our best to collect these jokes across the bars and pubs and of course the Internet. None of these jokes are original. you might have heard them a lots of time before.. but one thing we can assure that they are classics. These jokes are timeless and each time you read them or hear them you are bound to smile…We are looking forward to tickle your funny bone with this week’s top 10 jokes and looking forward to your contribution.
A Dying Note
A lady was standing beside a dying husband. His nose and mouth were full with hoses so he was just couldn’t talk. The possible communication was only by his eyes and hands.Â So the time comes when the man was having a hard time to breath. But in the last minutes, the husbands looked like want to say something. He was chocked and his eyes were turning upside down. The doctor said it would be helpful if they gave him a paper and pencil to write down what he wanted to say.
So they did.
And, he was gone.
After all the grief’s and cries, the lady took the note and read it.
Suddenly, she slapped the doctor!
And she gave the note to the doctor. It reads:
“Don’t step on my oxygen hose, dumb ass !!”
Walls have ears, and ceilings have eyes
Joan, who was a rather well-proportioned secretary, spent almost all of her vacation sunbathing on the roof of her hotel. She wore a bathing suit the first day, but on the second, she decided that no one could see her way up there, and she slipped out of it for an overall tan.
Read the full story
A new week and a new set of top 10 jokes to amuse you a bit. Take the time out and read through the post to find the joke that tickles you. we hope that we can make your day by putting that much needed smile on your face. A joke is a good way to cheer yourself up and others around you. we hope that you will enjoy this week’s top 10 jokes andÂ you will also pass them to your friends and co-workers.
Driving Under Influence
It seems a gentleman had too much alcohol at a party, was heading home, and was pulled over by a state trooper. Upon being tested, the fellow couldn’t walk a straight line any more than he could drive one, so the trooper wrote out a ticket and had just given it to the driver before an accident in the opposite lane took his attention to more important matters.
The inebriated driver, figuring that the trooper wasn’t coming back to him, drove home and went to bed. he was awakened in the morning by a knock at the door, created by two more state troopers.
“Are you Mr. Johnson?” the asked? He admitted that he was.
“Were you pulled over at Main Street last night for driving under the influence?” Again, the man admitted that was he.
“And what did you do then,” the troopers asked.” The man replied that he drove his car home and went to bed.
“Where is your car now?” the troopers inquired. The man answered that it was in the garage.
“May we see the car?” asked the troopers. The man answered, “Sure,” and opened the garage.
Inside the garage was the state troopers car.
Read the full story
An elderly man in North Carolina had owned a large farm for several years. He had a large pond in the back, fixed up really nice, along with some picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some apple and peach trees. The pond was properly shaped and fixed up for swimming when it was built.
One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn’t been there for a while, and look it over. He grabbed a five gallon bucket to bring back some fruit.
As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. When he came closer, he realized it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his pond. He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end to shield themselves.
One of the women shouted to him, “We’re not coming out until you leave!”
The old man frowned and replied,
“I didn’t come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or make you get out of the pond naked.”
Holding the bucket up he said,
“I’m here to feed the alligators.”